arhitect Dan Dumitriu
2. The light from the South is warm and shiny. For spaces with exposure to south light, dark colors can be used. Blues and Greens create an atmosphere of summer throughout the year.
3. The light from the East gives space a shining atmosphere during the morning however it offers a dark afternoon. The afternoon space will not get direct light. For these spaces, with orientation to the east the use of mixed colors is recommended , both warm and cold colors.
4. Having the necessary knowledge of how light affects colors you will be able to make better decisions.
The Light from the West is characterized by a sunny afternoon and evening. For these spaces the use of neutral colors is indicated . Using warm colors will dominate the space during the evening.
2. Is the space too tight? Arrange the furniture on the diagonal to fool the eye. Linear elements such as paintings, shelves or tapestries should be placed on the short wall to give the visual impression of elongation. You can paint the long wall in a cool color, the objects that are profiled on it will seem more withdrawn and thinner, so it creates the impression of the width of the space.
3. Do you have the ceiling too low? To add space height use vertical elements such as a library. Long curtains that drape and cover the flooring can give the impression of a higher space. You can also use lampposts or apply for these spaces. Painting the ceiling in a bright color and in a cool shade will make it seem like it is retiring, so the room looks brighter and more spacious.
4. Is the room too high? To create the impression of smaller hight elements with horizontal domination must be used. Shelves, paintings, ceiling profiles are only a few examples with which the image of too high height can be corrected. A dark color for the ceiling can also change the proportion of the space, a warm color will help reduce from the height.
5. Is the room too big? It must be divided into areas of intimacy. Get together several chairs with lower back, two chairs with a small table or an armchair with a chair to make the room more intimate and inviting. Warm colors shorten the image and make the space seem more intimate.
1. The rhythm can be brought into the decoration by the repetition of the lines, like the rhythm in the music. Space must contain the repetition of circles in various forms, curves or even vertical lines.
2. Decorate the space to attract. An example would be the use of curved lines to easily attract the look from one object to another without interruptions.
3. Add contrast to the space. The repetition of shapes, lines or drawings can become very easily monotone. Use this repetition to create interest and contrast but not in a high quantity because it can become disturbing.
2. Place a large piece of furniture glued to the wall so that the space left in the middle is not broken into pieces.
3. Choose Sofas and chairs with open arms and visible legs. Their use will allow light to penetrate under the furniture and give the impression of airy space.
4. It is good to take into account the furniture of small sizes. A sofa or a bed that occupies less space will visually help.
5. Use vertical storage systems, a buffet or a high library ( from floor to ceiling) it will occupy less space and will solve the problem of depositing.
6. Use mirrors in small spaces to reflect light. It is also very effective to place the mirror near a window so the image from the outside to be reflected.
7. Arrange the furniture at an angle if possible, this will create visual interest even in a small space.
2. Natural light must penetrate the room and in order for this to be possible the absorbent curtains of the light and the objects next to the windows should be removed.
3. The mirrors amplify the light. The best place to position a mirror is across from the glazed surface.
4. Choose bright colors. The closer the color to the white, the more reflective the surface will be.
5. If you choose a shade color such as: Light green, blue, lilac-the space looks bigger, and if you choose a red shade, orange, brown, black the light will be absorbed and it will result in the space looking smaller.
6. The decoration of the floor affects the brightness of the room. The semi-glossy or glossy floor reflects the light. Carpets absorb and hold light.
7. Choose something more than a light bulb hanging from a wire in the center of the room. Use the directed light to highlight your favorite painting.
8. Use multiple lighting options, spread all over the room ,to satisfy your requirements.
9. Place plugs in the floor in order to have no wires on the floor.
10. Light architectural details.
11. Each light source must be individually controlled.
12. To create the impression of greater space light the corners of the space and as much of the wall surface.
13. Lower the luminaire below or use vertical lights to create the impression of height.
14. You want privacy?! Use the lamps, and do not let the light reach the ceiling.